16mm or 21mm rail.
12 foot right or left hand points. Lever and sprung pull rod available
as optional extra.
- Points are complicated pieces of equipment.
There are over 150 pieces to a
point. It takes around a day to make one correctly
- So why buy a
Ride on Railways point -
So yes we have to cover a days labour to build a set of points.
If you want different radius then we need to charge for design, setting
out, additional materials and working out of the jig.
- Steel frog - cast or aluminium rail frogs
collaspe in a relatively short time. It simply cannot cope with the
load and impact. Run less trains is one answer.
- Check rails in the correct location - not
simply on the nearest sleeper
- Treated softwood. Hardwood can attack
fixings and can split with the constant wet/dry cycles it is exposed to
- Various radius construction. Points aren't
a constant radius.
- Rigid fixing. Each sleeper/rail interface
has the maximum number of fixings to lock the point together. Points
should never have rail that can move (except blades)
- Pocket cut outs for point blades on stock
- Optional point lever allows points to be
locked and are trailable.