|These links are placed with no
- Antique Steam - 3.5"-7.25" gauge
engines and associated bits.
- Compass House - selection of
second hand items - call for details
- Maxitrak - pages with second hand items, REGULAR UPDATES.
- Preston Services - mainly
large steam but occasionally has 5" gauge items
- Station Road Steam -
Collection of various secondhand items - REGULAR UPDATES.
- Steamdays - Top end quality models
- top end prices.
- The Engineers Emporium - best to call Adrian as a lot more items not online.
- View Models - small independent
company trading in live steam models in the model engineering
I have listed dealers in interest of fairness. Some I would happily buy from while others I know nothing about.
a strength of a good dealer is one who takes responsibility when things
go wrong. More often than not, problems are not of their making but
those of previous owners. I have much sympathy for dealers as
they need to buy as cheap as possibly and sell as high as possible. So
at both ends of the process there is potential for upset.
With insurance, commercial rent and rates, coupled with trips up and down the country to collect stock, they need to put a reasonable mark up on just to cover costs.
One of the reasons I do not get involved with secondhand.